The Darling Downs Branch of the Ulysses Club services a huge area of the South West Queensland and Toowoomba region which covers a total area of 400,000 square kilometres or just under a quarter of Queensland’s total area.
The region begins at the Toowoomba Range and extends west to the South Australian border and south to the New South Wales border. It “encompasses a variety of landscapes,including urban and rural holdings, areas of fruit and vegetable production,and national parks”.
The Darling Down’s Branch encompasses the Oakey and Dalby areas and far west to Chinchilla, Roma and beyond.
Our neighbouring branches include to the North, the Burnett Branch, to the east the Ipswich and Lockyer Branches and to the Southern Downs with the Warwick District Branch.
We offer a variety of social activities on a weekly basis.
* Week end rides each week, alternating between a shorter Saturday ride to coffee and Sunday rides for lunch the following week. Our rides have two starting points, Toowoomba and Dalby.
* Overnight trips/weekender rides occur throughout the year, come camping and enjoy fresh air and socialising with a great bunch of people at interesting destinations.
* Wednesday Wobbler's at 9:00 am every Wednesday.
*A Social coffee morning on the last Saturday of the month at The Engine Room Café’ in Toowoomba.
* (Check the ride calendar for individual start times and ride details.)
* The Ulysses club Inc. Darling Downs Branch holds its social branch meetings from 6pm on the fourth Wednesday of the month at “Club Glenvale", 564 Boundary Street, Torrington. Come along from 6pm to order and eat a meal and socialise, the branch meeting commences at 6.30pm.
* New members and guests are always welcome.